The NSW Pro-Choice Alliance recommends the repeal of sections 82-84 of the NSW Crimes Act 1900 and the implementation of legislation similar to Queensland’s Termination of Pregnancy Act 2018 and Victoria’s Abortion Law Reform Act 2008.
We seek changes to the law that:
- Regulate abortion as a health procedure;
- Ensure consistency with contemporary clinical practice, and public health standards;
- Empower women with the right to choose what happens to their own bodies;
- Guarantee equal access to safe, high quality healthcare, and;
- Align with international human rights obligations.